"Blessed is the season
which engages the whole
world in a conspiracy
of love."
Hamilton Wright Mabie
We got a new tree
this year!!!!
yippee!!!
With great pleasure, I threw out our old tree last year after it had lived a nice long life of about 15 years. It was looking pretty shabby and I have detested putting it up since the first year I bought it.
It was the "old fashioned" kind. . . .I had to insert and arrange each individual branch. . . . dozens of layers, it took hours and hours, my back hurts just thinking about it. I had the luxury (ha ha) of wrapping each branch that only took another 2 hours in twinkling lights that required tedious "light fixing" along the way.
By the time I got it all decorated and "put together", thank heavens I could pretty much camoflauge the fact that the tree was hideous in and of itself.
(A little bit like putting makup on in the morning.) So as you can imagine, I was pretty excited about getting a new one to say the least.
I'm don't consider myself much of a "decorator", (my kids will confirm) so I'm feeling pretty dang good about putting it together. Now. . . . I just gotta go find the finishing touches. hm.m.m.m.m. . . . . . . PRESENTS TO GO UNDER THE TREE!!!
I can hear Robin jingling his keys now. . . .
You should see him. He's like a little panting puppy if he thinks we're going to the mall. Serious! I'm sooooo lucky! I think :-)



1 comment:
ya, your new tree is pretty, and I like how you've decorated it! Good Job!
Post a Comment